Jade face rollers have been used for centuries, especially in ancient China. Women used Jade rollers to keep their skin looking beautiful and firm. They took advantage of the naturally-cooling properties of the jade stone, as it helps with muscle relief.
Our facial muscles stores a lot of tension and stress. This tension can cause wrinkles and fine lines, especially around our forehead, between our brows and eyes. Massaging your face with a jade roller can instantly help to relax out these tension points.
While performing this excercise with a Jade roller it can act as a reminder to relax your facial muscle and help with fine lines. Jade is known as the stone of beauty and eternal youth in Chinese culture, and rolling it across your skin moves stagnant Qi (energy) and promotes healthy blood circulation, which can increase elacsticity to your face. It has been recommend to store your jade roller in the fridge for an added cooling effect to relax your tempels and depuff your skin.
Science have not directly concluded that Jade rollers help with firm skin. However, even scientific journals mentioned that they’re a part of a soothing, feel-good home ritual. It can be safely used and has shown no side effects. Many women have claimed that it has helped sculp their face, so it is for you to try and see if it works for your face.
Benefits of using Jade roller
- Increases blood circulation
- Strengthens the muscles in your face, helps with sculpting face
- Lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness
- Releases any tensions in your face or neck
- Tones and tightens the facial skin
- Improves Product absorption
How to use Jade roller :
- Move from the center of the face upward and outward so you are rolling the stone toward your lymph nodes, which promotes fluid drainage.
- Roll the jade around your jawline and under your cheekbones. It has been shown in a few cases that this excercise has helped some women sculpt their facial feature
- Jade Roller for depuffing eyes. Rolling the Jade roller underneath the eyes can help with depuffing. It also helps to roll in a circular motion around your eyes to relax any stress and tiredness around your eyes.
- Pair your jade roller with a face oil or sheet mask Jade rollers can be used to smooth on sheet face masks or use a face oil as it helps glide the Jade stone over the skin.
- Regularly clean your roller. Since the tools are being used on your face and can easily spread bacteria, clean them with warm water and soap ( facial cleanser) after use and store in your fridge or a clean dry place.
Choose your Oils for your Jade roller routine
Using something moisturising is crucial when using Jade roller. It’s recommended to use an oil while using Jade roller. As oils help glide the Jade over your skin without tuggind or stretching the skin.
If your skin type is dry, Almond oil is suitable for your skin as it helps to retain moisture in your skin. This oil is rich in vitamin E, essential to repair any skin damage. It also has high levels of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. The antibacterial property of almond oil can be used to treat acne and its anti-fungal properties can help treat fungal skin issues.
Jojoba oil can be used as a powerful facial moisturiser, that will deeply moisturise your skin and keep your skin supple during cold winter months. Rich in vitamins A, E, and D, plus antioxidants and fatty acids for replenishing your skin. It can be used on any skin type, from dry to sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, high antioxidant to reduce the damaging effects of free radicals. Further benefits of Argan oil, Argan oil has anti-sebum effects, which can effectively regulate amounts of sebum on the skin and promote a smooth healthy glow.
Avocado oil consists of high omega-9 fatty acid. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents in avocado oil help your skin stay smooth, strong, and elastic. Some people may refer to avocado oil as an essential oil, but that’s not entirely accurate. Thick and green-coloured, avocado oil is actually considered a carrier oil. Avocado oil the linoleic acid, oleic acid, and other fatty acids in avocado oil can speed up wound healing.
How often should you use Jade roller?
How often you’d like to use a Jade roller, is really your choice. Some people prefer to use it once a day especially in the morning to depuff their face. Others use it once every few days, when doing self care night routines.