I'M NEW TO THE RANGE - HOW DO I START?
Build a routine and order some products. If you have super-sensitive skin make sure you choose an unscented products.
I'M NEW TO THE RANGE - HOW DO I START?
- Build a routine and order some products. If you have super-sensitive skin make sure you choose an unscented products.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS TESTED ON ANIMALS? WHAT'S YOUR ANIMAL TESTING STATEMENT?
- We don't use ingredients that have been tested on animals. We also do not test finished products on animals nor do we engage subcontractors to do so. We also don't sell to markets where animal testing is mandatory. All VelvetBio ingredients are vegan and none are animal-derived.
DO YOU OFFER SAMPLES?
- We do offer samples. Please find them on our website - product link: .We recommend you use VelvetBio for at least 10 days to get a good feel for if the routine is going to work for you. Our samples are based to last for about this period of time.
HOW LONG CAN THE PRODUCTS BE STORED FOR?
- Quick answer - it depends - factors like the environment affect shelf life, so we can't give a specific answer - but most of the time the products will be fine even a year after you buy them. Once opened, they last at least nine months at room temperature.
WHERE ARE VELVETBIO PRODUCTS MADE?
- They're made in the United Kingdom in our own lab to exacting quality standards. We source our ingredients very carefully and only work with a carefully chosen selection of suppliers.
I HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION - ARE VELVETBIO PRODUCTS SUITABLE?
- Generally speaking our products are well-tolerated, however if you have specific concerns please address these with your medical practitioner. If in doubt, test on a small area first (e.g. behind your ear) and leave the product on for 24 hours. If there's any redness or soreness then discontinue use.
I'VE GOT A NUT ALLERGY. CAN I USE YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Allergies vary from person to person and unfortunately we are not able to confirm "nut allergy free" for everybody because each individual could be allergic to a different kind of nut (although peanuts are the most common). We do however include a full list of ingredients with every product, both on the website and on the product packaging. We suggest you check these to make sure our products don't have something in that you're allergic to.
If you do have a nut allergy - we always recommend you speak to your GP to see if our products may be suitable and then patch test first. A small amount should be applied close to where you want to apply the product (such as behind the ear). If you experience any redness, irritation or discomfort during the next 24 hours then you should immediately and thoroughly wash the test area and not use that product.
HOW MUCH PLASTIC DO YOU USE?
- We're phasing out single-use plastic and most of our products our now available in either glass jars, glass bottles, or aluminium tubes. We expect to be free of single-use plastic by late 2021.
Ordering and Delivery
HOW MUCH IS DELIVERY AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- Delivery is FREE to anywhere in the UK on orders over £20 and £3.99 for orders less than £20. Our free delivery shipments are sent via Royal Mail on a 24hr TRACKED service.
AND WHAT ABOUT INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY?
- Roughly speaking orders in the EU are delivered in about 2-5 days and the rest of the world anywhere between 2 and 7 days. You may have to pay customs charges on receipt in your own country if you're outside of the EU.
- EU and Rest Of The World delivery is £9.99.
WHAT'S THE RETURNS POLICY?
- If you don't like a product, let us know, and we'll offer you either further product advice (sometimes it can be an application issue) or we'll send you a free returns label and you can pop the product back in the post.
WHICH STOCKISTS SELL VELVETBIO?
- The best place (and the cheapest!) to buy our products is on our website. We don't sell to high street retailers, department stores or other shops. Their extra margin would mean we would have to charge more for our products - and we want our skincare to remain affordable. We also believe we can offer you exactly the right help to get the best out of our products.
I HAVE OTHER RANDOM QUESTIONS.
- Try here. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to answer.